Over the past eight years, our research team has been developing a high-tech and cost-effective approach to measuring road user behavior such as types, trajectories, speed as well as volume and/or nature of traffic. Basically, the system that we developed is based on an image processing technology. By putting video cameras in high positions (high-raise buildings or mobile telescopic systems) to record real world traffic and then by using the Image processing tool (T-Surveyor), road behavior data will be extracted to be analyzed.
Advantages of the system
- Compact system, easy to move and install
- The software has user-friendly interface, easy to use.
- Distinguish between types of vehicles such as cars, motorcycles, bicycles or pedestrians, colors, sizes …
- Seperately identify road users traveling in a group in the case of mixed traffic.
- Capable of tracking vehicle on a long trajectory.
- Movement of road users and how they interact with each other can also be identified and analized.
- Video and images of road users can be saved as files for playing and reviewing back.
- Road user parameters such as trajectory, travel speed, spot speed, travel time and so on can be easily extracted.
- Data can be exported to Excel for later processing